No surprise, my whole outfit (including shoes) is from H&M. Forever 21 earrings and bracelet and Michael Kors bag.
17 June 2013
03 June 2013
G.H. Bass & Co and I think by the looks of those babies on my feet it's safe to say that I LOVE it already! Great team and great shoes is recipe for a great summer!
24 May 2013
Now onto Chapter 2 of my life...
12 April 2013
Everyone is under the impression that spring break either has to be very expensive or you have to go to Panama, the typically overcrowded and underage infested spring break location. False! Another surprisingly inexpensive spring break location is Las Vegas. Once you're 21, who doesn't want to spend their spring break in Sin City with their girls? My friends and I decided to head out west for our last college spring break! We wanted to do something fun and different but we didn't want to break the bank so Las Vegas seemed like a good option. Not very expensive and guaranteed a good time. Here are 7 tips on how to experience the best of Las Vegas on a dime.
1. Book your flight early! We booked our flights in December and managed to snag them for under $300. I looked at the same flight a couple weeks later and the cost went up to $600. Phew, dodged that bullet!
2. Staying on the strip doesn't have to be expensive. Obviously you have your super expensive hotels like the Bellagio but do your research and call around to different hotels. Looking at the rates on sites like Expedia can be very helpful. The Flamingo is a great option! It's on the strip in a great location in proximity to night clubs (keeping the walking in heels factor in mind) and the nightly rate was very reasonable.
3. By saving money on your flight and hotel you will have a little extra money to spend on attractions so don't be afraid to splurge on a couple of "touristy" things that you want to do. We decided to visit Madame Tussauds Wax museum and ride the roller coaster outside of the New York, New York Hotel.
This has nothing to do with anything but this man that we saw on the street just blew my mind!!
5. You don't necessarily have to pay the expensive rate to have a VIP booth. Okay you do, BUT many times you can sit in the open booth and try to look like you belong until the party arrives. Then someone that works there will come over and ask you to get up. But hey, 20-30 minutes off of you're feet if you are wearing you painfully sexy heels can be worth it!
6. Make sure you have an amazing group of girlfriends who are all on the same page.
7. And make unforgettable memories!! #SB2013
24 February 2013
Check out a behind the scenes video of the shoot I worked on last weekend!!
Photographer: Kalhu Photography [www.facebook.com/KalhuPhotography]
Model: Termica Odom
Stylist: Jenae Destiny (Me!)
Hair & Makeup: Strand Cafe [www.strandcafesalon.com]
Accessories: Yadumu Jewelry [www.yadumujewelry.com]
all shot at the Ivory Room at Miranova [www.theivoryroomcolumbus.com]
18 February 2013
For this face of the day I kept it very simple and neutral. A great look for going to class or work.
I used my Garnier BB Cream and blended it with a makeup sponge and then I applied my Makeup Forever HD Foundation.
I used the darkest color in my L'Oreal Wear Infinite Studio Secrets Eyeshadow Quad (506 Rose Fields) to contour my face.
I used the Nude in my Smashbox Pop Studio palette all over my lid and then I swept Champagne in my inner corner and Nutmeg in my crease and outer corner.
I lined my eyes with my black Jordana eyeliner and applied two coats of Maybelline Great Lash Mascara.
I used my 226 Ulta lipstick for a soft nude lip.
And a braid out to achieve this curly hair!
10 February 2013
New York Fashion Week never fails to bring out the best in fashion and beauty. 2013 has already been an amazing year for Jason Wu with The First Lady of the United States, once again, selecting his dress to wear for the Inauguration Ball. On Friday Jason Wu debuted what he described as his "most womanly, most grown-up" collection to date. Hair, makeup, and fashion were to die! Wu's color palette consisted of mostly black, white and a little taste of red. Indeed a very grown-up collection. The photos above were my two favorite looks. The plush fur coat screams sophistication and glamour while the sheer striped turtle neck adds just the right amount of sexy.
As if the makeup wasn't enough Wu decided that the perfect look would consist of a chic statement updo. "I want the designer to be like, 'Wow,'" siad hairstylist Odile Gilbert. The hair was prepped with Kérastase Resistance Ciment Thermique Heat-Activated Reconstructor Milk and the Elixir Ultime Moringa Immortel. Precise center parts were created prior to dividing a large front panel from ear to ear and distributing long plackets of hair. Two long silver barrettes, were delicately slid into place on an angle which added the 'statement' factor to this elegant updo.
Images via style.com
02 February 2013
This is my favorite nail polish for the fall/winter season. This color is described as a creamy deep luscious berry. This color goes great with the wine and oxblood color trend. I used my new CND Stickey Base Coat, two coats of my berry naughty, and my Seche Vite Dry Fast Top coat and my color stayed on for over a week with no chipping!